CUFSAA-NA Distinguished Speaker Series
Table of Contents
- Distinguished Speaker Series – Talk 08 (December 11, 2023 at 9:30am Eastern Time)
- Upcoming Talks of the Series
- Concluded Talks
The Eighth (08th) Talk of the CUFSAA-NA Distinguished Speaker Series organized in association with the Faculty of Science, University of Colombo will be delivered by Vajira Abeysinghe on December 11th 2023, 09:30AM Eastern Time (December 11th 2023, 8:00pm Sri Lankan Time).
The details of the talk and ways to join and listen to the talk are described below.
Speaker Bio: Vajira Abeysinghe, Director, Service Delivery – Global Applications, Apotex Pharmaceuticals, Canada.
Vajira has 22 years of business leadership experience in multiple disciplines gained across 3 industries (Oil and Gas, Pharmaceuticals and Utilities). After obtaining his Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Colombo in 1998, he joined Caltex (Chevron) in Sri Lanka as a Management Trainee. Whilst taking on roles of increasing responsibility in the company, he completed the MBA from the University of Colombo in 2002. After leading the Sales and Marketing function of Chevron Sri Lanka for more than 3 years, he took on global assignments with Chevron based in South Africa, Philippines and United States during which time, he transitioned his career to IT. After migrating to Canada with his family in 2009, he joined the Canadian Oil and Gas company, Enbridge. Since 2017, he has been working for Apotex Pharmaceuticals (Canadian based global healthcare company) and currently is a member of their IT leadership team driving the company’s digital transformation.
Education: BSc Physical Science, University of Colombo; MBA, University of Colombo
Abstract: Explore the diverse fields within information technology today. Importance of continuous learning and adaptability. Value of mentors and networking in growing your career.
The talk will be on: December 11th, 2023 9:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
How to Join: All talks of the Distinguished Speaker Series are FREE and delivered via ZOOM.
Please Join this meeting using the following LINK:
Topic: CUFSAA Distinguish Speaker Series - Vajira Abeysinghe Time: Dec 11, 2023 09:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Dec 11, 2023 08:00 PM Sri Lanka Time Join Zoom Meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83067227888?pwd=wP6gcwYTONNdRkxUikS2hA3QT4D4BZ.1 Meeting ID: 830 6722 7888 Passcode: 040167 This talk will also be delivered via FB Live and YouTube Live.
Upcoming Talks of the Speaker Series for 2024
- Dr. Sandun Perera
Please visit this webpage often to see updates and to join us at upcoming talks of the series.
Concluded Talks of the Speaker Series
These are the concluded talks of the series available as on demand videos for you to view at your leisure.
- Talk 01: Dr. Nalin Samarasinha – Asteroid Colombounilanka and Contributions to Astronomy by University of Colombo – April 22, 2022:
- Talk 02: Prof. AP de Silva – From Chemistry to Medical Diagnostics and Information Processing – July 07, 2022:
- Talk 03: Dr. Jayeni Hiti-Bandaralage – A paradise on the iceberg – Entrepreneurship for innovators – August 28, 2022:
- Talk 04: Dr. David Hoskin – Iron withdrawal by selective chelators for cancer treatment – September 20, 2022:
- Talk 05: Dr. Binodh De Silva – Developing a Career as a Scientist in the Pharmaceutical Industry – November 09, 2022:
- Talk 06: Athula Alwis – The Role of InsureTech Startups in the US Commercial Insurance Industry – April 25, 2023:
- Talk 07: Panelists: Dr. Harshica Fernando, Dr. Arunika Gunawardena, Dr. Amita Manatunga, Dr. Unil Perera, and Dr. Kirthi Premadasa – Panel Discussion on Graduate Admissions to USA and Canada – July 12, 2023: