The following books are being requested by the Faculty of Science for the faculty and student use. If you or any of your alumni friends plan to visit Sri Lanka and would like to donate a book to the faculty, you may purchase a book from this list and take it with you. Books we have already donated are in red. Please let us know which books that you were able to donate for our records and to update this list. Please note that we have donated many other books outside this list as well. This is just a list of some specific books that were requested.
We also plan to ship some books that we have already collected to Colombo in the near future. You can ship your books to Saliya who will arrange for shipping. Saliya’s postal address is:
Dr. Saliya de Silva 393 Valley Road River Edge, NJ 07661
Math Department Book Requests (Books in red font are already donated by CUFSAA members.)
- Cracking the GRE Premium Edition, 2016 (Graduate School Test Preparation)
- Cracking the GRE Mathematics Subject Test 4th Edition (Princeton Review: Cracking the GRE Math Test)
- Kaplan GRE(R) Premier 2016 with 6 Practice Tests: Book + Online + DVD + Mobile (Kaplan Test Prep)(graduate school test preparation)
- Cracking the TOEFL Ibt with Audio CD, 2016 Edition (Graduate School Test Preparation)
Physics Department Book Requests (Books in red font are already donated by CUFSAA members.)
- RE Physics w/ CD (GRE Test Preparation) Sixth Edition, Revised Edition by Joseph Molitoris(Author), GRE (Author), Physics Study Guides (Author) https://www.amazon.com/dp/0738606596/ref=sr_ob_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1465889545&sr=8-3
- Sterling Test Prep GRE Physics Practice Questions: High Yield GRE Physics Questions with Detailed Explanations 2nd Edition https://www.amazon.com/Sterling-Test-Physics-Practice-Questions/dp/1514347083/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465889545&sr=8-1&keywords=GRE+Physics
- Conquering the Physics GRE https://www.amazon.com/Conquering-Physics-GRE-Yoni-Kahn/dp/1479274631/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1465889745&sr=8-2&keywords=GRE+Physics
- Teaching science for understanding: A human constructivist view. ISBN 0123886961 Academic Press. 2005. Mintzes, J. J., Wandersee, J. H., & Novak, J. D. (Eds.). ().
- Applying educational psychology in Classroom. ISBN 0582290384 Longman/Addison Wesley Longman. 1994 Dembo, M. H.
- Educational psychology: Theory and practice. ISBN 0137034350. Pearson 2006 Slavin, R. E., & Davis, N.
- Educational assessment of students. ISBN 0132458632 Prentice-Hall, Inc 2001 Nitko, A. J.
- Student-centered classroom assessment. ISBN 0824704053 New York: Merrill. 1994 Stiggins, R. J.
- Learning to teach using ICT in the secondary school: A companion to school experience. ISBN 0415351049 Routledge, 2013 Leask, Marilyn, and Norbert Pachler.
- Transforming learning with ICT: making IT happen!. ISBN 0733974848 Pearson Education Australia, 2007
- Principles of instructional design ISBN 0534582842 Wiley & Sons 2005 Gagne, Robert M., et al.
- Online Education and Adult Learning: New Frontiers for Teaching Practices: New Frontiers for Teaching Practices. ISBN 1605668303 IGI Global 2009 Kidd, Terry T., ed.
- Physics by Inquiry, Volume 1 ISBN 0-471-14440-1 Wiley-VCH 1995 McDermott, Lillian C. “. ISBN . , ().
- Physics by Inquiry, Volume 2 ISBN 0-471-14440-1 Wiley-VCH 1995 McDermott, Lillian C. “. ISBN . , ().
- Research methods in education. ISBN 0415583365 New York: Routledge. 2007 Louis, C., Lawrence, M., & Keith, M