CUFSAA-NA is a recognized charitable organization registered in the US and your donations to CUFSAA-NA may be tax deductible.
CUFSAA-NA is formed exclusively to foster, maintain and support a mutually beneficial relationship between the alumni of the Colombo University Science Faculty living in North America, the University of Colombo, and the community at large. It is organized exclusively for social, charitable, and educational purposes.
The members of the current Executive Committee of CUFSAA are as follows.
- Lakmal Boteju, Ph.D. NJ, USA
- Binodh De Silva, Ph.D. NJ, USA
- Saliya De Silva, Ph.D. NJ, USA – Treasurer
- Harshica Fernando, Ph.D. TX, USA
- Reshan Fernando, Ph.D. NC, USA – Vice President
- Waruna Fernando, Ph.D. CA, USA
- Chryshanie Fernandopulle, M.Sc. NJ, USA
- L.C. Goonetilleke, Ph.D. NJ, USA – President
- Angelo Gunasekera, Ph.D. NY, USA
- Chandrasiri Jayakody, Ph.D. MI, USA – Joint Secretary
- Sumedha Jayasena, Ph.D. CA, USA – Vice President
- Hasitha Mahabaduge, Ph.D. GA, USA
- Harshani Munidasa, Ph.D. ON, Canada
- Lalith Perera, Ph.D. NC, USA
- Vicumpriya Perera, Ph.D. OH, USA – President-Elect
- Asoka Pinnaduwage, B.Sc. ON, Canada
- Kirthi Premadasa, Ph.D. WI, USA – Vice President
- Randara Pulukkody, Ph.D. PA, USA – Joint Secretary
- Oshadha K. Ranasingha, Ph.D. NH, USA
- Nalin Samarasinha, Ph.D. AZ, USA
- L.M.V. Tillekeratne, D.Phil. OH, USA – Immediate Past President
- Gomika Udugamasooriya, Ph.D. TX, USA
- Gajaka Weerasinghe, M.S.,M.Sc. PA, USA – Assistant Treasurer
- Chandika Wijesundara, M.S. FL, USA
- Jeeva Witanachchi, M.S. MI, USA
The bylaws of CUFSAA was approved by the membership at the Inaugural Annual Meeting of CUFSAA on September 04, 2016 at CUFSAA – BRUNCH at Akbar Banquet Hall, 21 Cortlandt Street, Edison NJ 08837. It has been revised at several Annual General Meetings. You can view the updated (current) bylaws of the Association via the following link: The Bylaws of CUFSAA .
03. CUFSAA Accomplishments
A Video created on April 2018 listing CUFSAA achievements during the previous two years (2016-2018) existence of CUFSAA.
There are many ways you can help. For example, you can raise funds for a project of your choice to support UofC, Science Faculty, Student population. etc. Please fill out the membership survey at https://goo.gl/forms/nBOt2H0KOMxDc7Q73 or send us an email.
CUFSAA Membership Eligibility: Any past student or academic staff member of the science faculty of the University of Colombo may apply for membership in the Association using the prescribed form below. There will be no membership dues to become a member of the Association. Members are expected to update the information provided in the said application, as and when necessary by contacting the association secretary via email or postal mail or by updating the membership form posted on the Association website.
If you meet the above criteria, Please consider becoming a member and participate actively.
Just follow the link below and fill out the membership form and become a member of CUFSAA.
3. Telephone Numbers
4. Email Address
5. Nature of Association with the Faculty of Science of the University of Colombo, Sri Lanka. (Tell if you were a staff member, undergraduate student, graduate student, etc..)
6. Duration of your association. Please let us know the beginning and ending year of your association.
7. Additional Remarks (if any)
[Expected time to complete the survey is less than 5 minutes.]